I was looking for an healthy alternative to the carbonara recipe and I found it with the Creamy Pasta with Mushrooms, Radicchio & Walnuts! The pink-red leaves of the radicchio make the dish look beautiful and its taste and texture are a perfect addition to walnuts and pasta. What else? It’s ready in less 30 minutes!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pan
- A pot and a colander for the pasta
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 250gr fresh pasta (I used trofie)
- 250gr fresh mushrooms
- 1 radicchio (200gr)
- 40gr walnuts (1/2 cup)
- 1 onion (I used red as I find it sweeter)
- 100ml creme fraiche
- 5 tablespoons parmesan
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Mince the onion
- Slice the mushrooms
- Chop the walnuts
- Shred the radicchio, removing the hard white part.
Ready to go?
- Let’s start with the creamy preparation:
- Add a bit of olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat and cook the onion till it becomes transparent (usually 5 min) and add the sliced mushrooms and cook till they brown (usually 10 min max).
- Once the onions and mushrooms are brown add the thyme sprigs.
- Add the shredded radicchio to wilt and then the creme fraiche, chopped walnuts, parmesan, salt & pepper. Stir gently.
- While your preparation is cooking, cook your pasta till they are all-dente following package instruction (4 min for mine). Keep some cooking water before your drain them.
- Combine everything by adding pasta to the preparation. Stir the pasta to coat with the sauce and add some cooked water to loosen the sauce as required.
- BON APPÉTIT !
I’ve never cooked Radicchio before and it really tastes delicious with pasta and walnuts. Here are some other recipes that I liked: la Dolce Vita adds white wine, Ocado which made me discover trofie pasta, and Riverford for a bacon version.