I spent last weekend on my own and was after easy and quick recipes I could make in 20 minutes max. On Friday night, I cooked the Asparagus & Mushrooms Omelette (ready in 10 minutes!) and the day after, as I had some asparagus and mushrooms left over in my fridge, I decided to cook them with some pasta and frozen green peas.
Very healthy (no cream!), no meat, just one pot needed and ready in 20 minutes, it was a success! You don’t have to stick to the list of vegetables on the recipe and feel free to replace according to what you have in the fridge (ex. leek, zucchini, etc.).
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot (no colander needed!)
Ingredients per person:
- 110gr pasta (I used Spaghetti)
- 1 cup mushrooms (110gr)
- 1/2 cup green peas (70gr)
- 7 asparagus
- 4 tablespoons parmesan
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Slice the mushrooms
- Cut the asparagus into 3 even pieces
- Peel and roughly slice the garlic clove
Ready to go?
- In a large pot, add the 2 cups water and then put:
- Sliced mushrooms
- Green peas
- Minced garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Let them cook on medium heat for 10 minutes once the water starts boiling (the pasta should be cooked & the water reduced).
- Add the milk, parmesan and rosemary and stir.
- Serve immediately and… BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Creamy Pasta with Mushrooms, Radicchio & Walnuts
- Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic Breadcrumbs
- Ravioli with Sautéed Asparagus, Walnuts & Lemon Butter Sauce