It’s cold outside and broccoli is still in season, let’s add some quinoa goodness, some cheese, milk, and cook a Broccoli Casserole! Very easy to do, it will be ready in 45 minutes.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pot with a lid
- A big oven dish
- A big bowl
- Baking sheet
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 broccolis
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
Before you Start:
- Cut the broccolis in small florets and discard the stalks.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
Ready to go?
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Let’s cook the quinoa first:
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil with the vegetable stock.
- Add the quinoa, reduce the heat to low so it simmers and let it cook for 15 minutes until the water is fully absorbed.
- Once the water is absorbed, cover and set aside to steam for 10 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, let’s prepare the broccoli:
- In a large bowl, add: broccoli florets, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and some salt. Toss together until it’s coated.
- Put the broccoli florets on the baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add to the quinoa, in the same pot:
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- The minced garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Mix well to combine
- Add the quinoa preparation to the oven dish, the roasted broccoli, mix well and top with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is golden.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like: