In May I shared the 15-minute Creamy Avocado Spinach Spaghetti which was very popular, so here is another quick lunch that is tasty AND healthy! Perfect for Spring & Summer, enjoy!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot & a drainer to cook the quinoa
- A pan to cook the bacon
- A mini chopper to crush the almonds and make the dressing (I have that one)
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- For the Salad:
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup bacon (lardons)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup almonds
- For the dressing:
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
Before you start:
- Squeeze the lemon
- Pulse the almonds in the mini chopper (not too long so you still have small chunks – it shouldn’t be a powder)
- Chop the basil
Ready to go?
- Place a pan on medium high heat and bring the water to boil to cook the quinoa following the instructions on the package. A couple of minutes before the end, add the frozen green peas. Drain when ready.
- In a pan, cook the bacon for 5 minutes over medium-high heat until it becomes crispy.
- Mix all the ingredients together:
- Quinoa & green peas
- Feta cheese cut in small pieces
- Chopped basil
- Crushed Almonds
- Make the dressing in the mini chopper with all the ingredients (lemon, olive oil, honey & salt)
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and it’s ready!
- BON APPÉTIT !
This recipe is largely inspired from A Pinch of Yum – check it out for great recipes.
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Power Salad & Mint Pesto
- Broccoli Carrot Apple Salad with Walnuts & Raisins
- Quinoa Mixed Vegetable Salad with Feta