This is not your everyday chicken dish and it’s the perfect recipe when you don’t want to spend time in the kitchen (plus… it has no carbs!). Ready in 30 minutes, cook these basic ingredients with a little twist which will make it a special meal.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A baking dish
- Aluminium foil (optional)
- Food brush (optional)
- A large pan with high edge and a lid
- A colander
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Mustard Greens:
- 1 cup baby leaf greens (150gr)
- 1 cup frozen green peas (150gr)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Peel & finely slice the garlic cloves
- Place some aluminum foil in your baking dish and lightly coat it with some of the olive oil (leave a bit to sauté the garlic later on)
Ready to go?
- Let’s start with the chicken
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic with the rest of the olive oil for 5 minutes over medium heat until tender. Then remove from heat, add the brown sugar and stir.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper to taste, and place them in the baking dish. Then add the garlic/sugar mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes (check the package for cooking instruction as you may have to adjust the time depending of the size of your chicken breasts).
- 15 minutes before the chicken is ready, let’s prepare the greens!
- Remove the hard piece at the base of the baby leaf greens and wash each leaf.
- Cut the baby leaf greens in small pieces.
- Heat 250ml water in a large pan and add the greens and the peas. Cover and let them boil for 5 minutes (the leaves will become bright green when ready).
- Drain into a colander.
- In the now empty pan over medium heat, melt the butter and them add the 2 mustards. Stir, and then add the peas & greens back to the pan.
- Add salt & pepper, mix together and serve immediately.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Balsamic Chicken with Honey Sauce and Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms
- Pasta, Chicken with Cider & Rosemary Sauce
- Lemon Paprika Chicken with Parmesan Broccoli