Low in calories and ready in 30 minutes, this is my go-to lunch this summer. It will keep you full all afternoon!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pan to cook the fish cakes
- A pot to cook the potatoes & a colander
- A potato masher to for the potatoes (a fork will do if you don’t have one)
- A big bowl for the side salad
- A small bowl to prepare the seasoning
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 poached salmon fillets
- 5 mid-sized potatoes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (90gr)
- 1 big handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Peel the potatoes & cut them in small chunks, roughly the same size so they cook at the same pace
- Cut the broccoli into small florets
- Flake the salmon fillets with a fork
- Squeeze the lemon
Ready to go?
- Let’s make the fish cakes:
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes till the potatoes are tender (use a thin, sharp knife to check).
- Add the Broccoli 3 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- When ready, drain them and add the potatoes & the broccoli florets back to the hot pot, add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and mash them.
- Add the flaked salmon, half of the lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste, and divide in 4 parts that you will shape in 4 equal sized cakes.
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the fish cakes for 3 minutes on each side over medium heat till they are golden.
- While the fish cakes are cooking, let’s prepare the side salad:
- Mix the avocado (peeled, stoned and roughly chopped), the cherry tomatoes and the spinach.
- In a small bowl prepare the seasoning: 1 tablespoon of olive oil, half of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, salt & pepper. Mix well and pour over the salad.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like: