Long time, no speak fellow chefs! I’ve been traveling a bit and experimenting in the kitchen to find some new easy and tasty recipes and I’m ready to share a few this month! Starting with this delicious Tomato, Basil & Chorizo Tagliatelle. These are maybe the best pasta I’ve cooked in a while: creamy (but without cream!) with fresh ingredients and lots of cheese. Ready in 30 minutes, they are worth a try!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pan
- A pot to cook the pasta & a colander
- Potato masher to squash the tomatoes (a fork will do if you don’t have one)
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 250gr cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tinned chopped tomatoes
- 100gr chorizo
- 250gr fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of basil
- A generous pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Chop the chorizo in small chunks
- Finely slice the garlic
- Chop the basil (not sure how to? Check this video)
Ready to go?
- Place a pan on medium heat and melt the butter, then add the cherry tomatoes & the sliced garlic and cook for around 10 minutes till the tomatoes soften.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are soft enough, use a potato masher to squash them a bit in the pan so it makes a sauce. Then add the chopped chorizo and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the tinned chopped tomatoes and the pinch of sugar to your preparation and let the sauce reduce a bit over medium heat.
- Cook your pasta in boiling water following package instruction (mine took 4 minutes to get ready) so if it takes longer, do that step earlier in the recipe.
- Back to the chorizo/garlic/tomato preparation: add the milk et let it reduce a bit for a few minutes then add the grated parmesan and the chopped basil.
- Drain the pasta when ready, add them to the tomato preparation and mix it well.
- Serve the pasta and… BON APPÉTIT !