It’s healthy, tasty and ready in less than 25 minutes, I LOVE this risotto. It’s creamy (although there is no creme fraiche!) and all the vegetables make the dish look beautiful and add some good vitamins.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pan with a cover
- Baking paper to roast the vegetables in the oven
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 125gr risotto rice (1/2 cup)
- 5 green asparagus
- 5 big radishes
- 10 mini leeks
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Peel & cut the shallot in half from top to bottom. Put the cut side down and make horizontal cuts every 3-5 mm without reaching the roots. Then make vertical cuts till the top (and leaving the roots out).
- Peel & finely chop the garlic clove.
- Cut the radishes in 4.
- Cut the asparagus in 3.
- Cut the roots part from the mini leeks.
Ready to go?
- Place a big pan on medium high heat with olive oil. Then add the chopped shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes till golden. Then add the chopped garlic and stir constantly for one minute so it doesn’t burn.
- Spread the radishes, asparagus & spring onions on the baking paper with some olive oil & salt and put in the oven for 15 minutes (turn them half way through so they roast evenly).
- Back to the pan:
- Add the risotto rice and stir constantly for 4 minutes till the rice becomes translucent.
- Then add the water, the vegetable stock cube, salt & pepper.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid, taste it (if the rice feels hard, cook it for a few more minutes), stir and serve immediately.
- Serve in a plate with the roasted vegetables on top!
- BON APPÉTIT !