This tart is so easy to do, it can’t go wrong! Even people who are not a fan of leeks will love it. Feel free to make it yours by replacing Parmesan with Gruyère or Cheddar, adding some ham or bacon for the meat eaters; the options are endless.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot and a steamer insert for the leek
- A big bowl
- A whisk (or a fork)
- A pie plate (tart tin)
Ingredients for 3-4 persons:
- Puff pastry
- 6 leeks
- 2 eggs
- 20cl creme fraiche
- 50gr grated parmesan
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Remove the dark green top of the leek, slice half lengthwise but leave the root uncut so its easier to wash. Cut the leek in 3 cms pieces. Bin the root part.
- Grate the parmesan and nutmeg if needed.
Ready to go?
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and prepare the pastry:
- Unroll the pastry sheet in the pie plate leaving the paper from the pack.
- Trim the edges and prick pastry with a fork.
- Score a criss-cross pattern at the center to prevent it to rise while cooking
- Bake for 5-10 minutes (the pastry should turn gold brown).
- On medium-high heat boil 3 cm water in your pot and put the leek chunks in the steamer insert on top with the lid on. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the:
- Creme fraiche
- Salt & Pepper
- On your pastry, first spread the leeks evenly and then cover with your creamy preparation.
- Cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Serve immediately with a mixed salad.
- BON APPÉTIT !