Did you know that Chocolate Mousse only requires 2 ingredients: chocolate & eggs? I love this dessert, it’s low in sugar & fat AND it only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Feel free to customize it according to your taste and share your favorite combinations in the comments section at the bottom of the page!
What you need:
- 2 bowls
- A pot large enough to put a bowl in it
- A big bowl
- Electric beater is ideal (I have this one), otherwise a hand mixer will do
- A spatula (this one costs 2GBP and is amazing)
- 4 small glasses
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 100gr dark chocolate (I used 70% cocoa)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon golden sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- Garnish (optional): grated chocolate and coconut
Ready to go?
- Whisk together the egg whites (keep the yellow on the side in another bowl). After around 5 minutes, it should get very thick and at least double in volume (Not sure how? Check this guide!)
- Now let’s melt the chocolate:
- On medium heat, boil 5cm of water in a pot large enough so you can put a bowl in it.
- Once the water is boiling, add a heatproof bowl with the chocolate broken down in small pieces (and butter if you want to use some; it makes the chocolate smoother).
- It should only take a few minutes to melt. Stir once melted and remove from the hob.
- Add the beaten egg yolks and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Add a big spoon of the whisked egg white preparation and stir.
- Gently add the chocolate mixture to the whisked egg white and gently mix with a spatula.
- Add the preparation in each glass and leave in the fridge for at least an hour (I find 4 is ideal but sometimes it’s hard to resist so long!!).
- Before serving add the optional garnish: grated chocolate & coconut for mine.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Other Dessert recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like: