Quicker than making your own sushi and cheaper than buying them: the Salmon & Avocado Chirashi is ready in 30 minutes! Make sure your salmon is very fresh and good quality.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot with a lid
- A small pan for the sesame seeds
- A small & a big bowl
- 2 serving bowls (optional)
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 250 grams sushi rice
- 350ml water
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Soy Sauce
Ready to go?
- Add the sushi rice to 350ml of cold water in a pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Turn off the heat, leave to stand for another 15 minutes with the lid on. Important: Don’t open the lid at any time.
- While the rice is getting ready, let’s prepare the salmon:
- Remove the skin if needed
- Dice the fish
- Dice the avocado as well.
- In a pan, over medium high heat, add the sesame seeds for a few minutes till golden (usually 3-4 minutes).
- In a small bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, sugar & salt.
- When your rice is ready, put it in a big bowl, pour over the vinegar mix and stir.
- In 2 serving bowls add the rice, the avocado dices, the salmon dices and the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with some soy sauce.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like: