This tastes delicious and is good for you. You can either prepare it as a side dish for 4 people or as a main for 2. Make sure to cut your vegetables roughly the same size so they cook at the same pace and you’re all set!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pot to boil the vegetables & a colander
- A big bowl to prepare the creamy mixture
- An ovenproof dish
Ingredients for 2-3 persons:
- 1 broccoli
- 6 carrots
- 6 mid sized potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 150 grams grated cheese
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Peel and cut the potatoes in chunks
- Peel & slice the carrots (similar size as the potatoes so they cook at the same time)
- Cut the broccoli, including the stalk
Ready to go?
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a big pot over medium-high heat, add water with salt and cook the potatoes & carrots chunks for 15 minutes. Then add the broccoli chunks and cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix in a big bowl:
- Creme fraiche
- 1/3 of your grated cheese
- Minced garlic
- Empty the pot of vegetables into your colander to remove the water.
- In your oven dish, toss:
- Creamy mixture
- Rest of the grated cheese
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately and… BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Red Wine Braised Shredded Beef with Roasted Potatoes & Carrots
- Chicken, Chorizo & Potatoes
- Garlic Shrimps with Quinoa and Roasted Carrots