Quick lunch in mind? Try an Egg, Bacon and Avocado Quesadilla, you’ll love it!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pan
- A bowl with some paper kitchen towel
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- For the quesadillas:
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup bacon (I used lardons)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (I used Cheddar)
- 2 tortillas (I used seeded tortillas)
- Salt & pepper
- For the side salad:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions depending on their size
Before you start:
- Slice finely the avocado
- Grate the cheese if needed
- Prepare your side salad by putting the ingredients above together (ignore the leaf of the spring onion). Add some balsamic vinegar on top and your salad is ready!
Ready to go?
- Place a big pan on medium high heat, add the bacon cook it for 3 to 5 minutes till golden.
- Prepare a bowl with some paper kitchen towel, and once the bacon is cooked, set it aside in the bowl (the kitchen towel will absorb the fat).
- Drain excess fat from your pan and place a tortilla. On half of the tortilla, add:
- avocado slices (form a ring so the egg can fit inside)
- grated cheese
- Fold the tortilla and cook for 5 minutes until it gets golden.
- Repeat with the other tortilla.
- Serve immediately and… BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Croque-Monsieur with a Vegetable Salad
- Easy Homemade French Chicken Burgers
- Mushroom & Asparagus Omelette