You would never guess there is no creme fraiche in this dish as the risotto is so creamy! Ready in less than 25 minutes, it is one of my favorites, especially now the temperatures are dropping.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pan with a cover
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 125gr risotto rice (1/2 cup)
- 16 slices of Chorizo
- 100gr frozen green peas (1 cup)
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 60ml white wine (1/2 cup) I used Pinot Grigio that was left over in the fridge
- 300ml water (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Cut the shallot in half from top to bottom. Put the cut side down and make horizontal cuts every 3-5 mm without reaching the roots. Then make vertical cuts till the top (and leaving the roots out).
- Slice the chorizo
Ready to go?
- Place a big pan on medium high heat and melt the butter. Then add the chopped shallot and cook it for 2-3 minutes till golden.
- Add the chorizo and the risotto rice and stir constantly for 4-5 minutes till the rice becomes translucent.
- Then add the white wine and keep stirring. Once it disappeared, add the green peas, the water, the chicken stock cube, salt & pepper.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid, taste it (if the rice feels hard, cook it for a few more minutes), add the grated parmesan, stir and serve immediately.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Creamy Pasta with Mushrooms, Radicchio & Walnuts
- Scallops with Caramelized Endives
- Gnocchi with Mushrooms & Walnut Pesto