I’m trying to eat more vegetables but don’t want to compromise on the taste; this Stir Fry fits the bill: it contains LOTS of vegetables, it is low in fat (1 tablespoon olive oil) and it’s really easy & quick to make (ready in less than 30min). Depending on what I have left in the fridge I adjust the recipe (zucchini, baby corn, red cabbage, etc.).
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pan
- A vegetable peeler to make carrot ribbons
- A bowl for the cashew nuts
Ingredients for 2-3 persons:
- 150 grams noodles
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 pepper (yellow, orange or red)
- 200 grams mangetout (2 cups)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 carrot
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 60 grams cashew nuts (1/2 cup)
- 2 limes
- Fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Before you start – Prepare all your vegetables:
- Dice the onion
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Set aside the coriander leaves and chop the stalks
- Cut the broccoli florets in small pieces
- Halve the pepper, remove the seeds and slice into strips (not sure how to? Watch this video)
- Peel the carrots with a vegetable peeler into ribbons (not sure how to? Watch this video).
Ready to go?
- If needed cook your noodles following package instructions (I used straight to wok noodles so I didn’t have to cook them!)
- Place a big pan on medium high heat and add the cashew nuts so they roast. Stir them regularly as when they start to roast they can burn very quickly. Once ready, set aside in a bowl.
- In the pan now empty, add the olive oil on medium high heat and add:
- The onion, garlic and coriander. Fry for 2 minutes stirring all the time so it doesn’t burn.
- The broccoli, pepper and mange tout. Fry for 2 minutes stirring all the time.
- The spinach so it wilts (less than a min) and then add the noodles and carrots ribbons stirring for 1 or 2 minutes till they are warm.
- 1 lime juice and the soy sauce. Toss to coat.
- Cashew nuts and the coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately with some lime wedges,
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like: