Perfect on a warm day,this dish is healthy and filling at the same time. It reminded me of a similar dish when I visited Germany. I tried different sauces: cottage cheese & mayo as on the picture below, or natural yoghurt and both are nice (although the yoghurt feels lighter).
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot to cook the potatoes
- A pan to cook the salmon
- A small bowl to marinate the cucumber
- A small bowl to prepare the sauce
- A serving dish
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 4 to 5 potatoes
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Half a cucumber
- 5-6 gherkins
- 200gr natural Yoghurt
- 15gr chives
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Snip chives with scissors.
Ready to go?
- Let’s start with the cucumber as it needs to marinate:
- Peel the cucumber, halve it lengthways and using a tablespoon remove the seeds in the middle. Then slice it finely.
- Put the cucumber slices in a bowl, and add: vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Set aside and leave for at least 45min, stirring from time to time.
- Now the potatoes: Peel them and dice them roughly. Steam them till tender (usually 20min). If you don’t have a steamer, boiling is fine too.
- And then the salmon:
- Pat the salmon dry with paper towels.
- Dice the fish, add salt & pepper.
- Add a bit of olive oil in a pan on high heat and cook the salmon till it browns (usually 4 minutes on each side).
- And finally the sauce – mix in a bowl:
- Yoghurt (or cottage cheese with a bit of mayonnaise)
- Chives (use 2/3 and leave 1/3 to add on the salad at the end)
- Salt & pepper
- In a serving dish combine everything:
- Cucumber (leave the marinade though)
- Sliced gherkins
- The remaining chive
- The sauce
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Salmon Baked in Foil with Vegetables
- Chorizo & Roasted Potato Salad
- Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Honey Mustard Baked Salmon with Rice