I’ve been trying to cook some tasty spaghetti without a ready made sauce for a while and finally managed to find the perfect (and easy) recipe! The roasted tomatoes are just amazingly good, not mentioning the garlic breadcrumbs which add a nice twist to it.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot and a colander for the pasta
- A small pot for the breadcrumbs preparation
- A big bowl to prepare the tomatoes
- Some baking sheet to roast the tomatoes
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 250gr spaghetti
- 450gr cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Mince the shallot
Ready to go?
- Let’s roast the tomatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix with your hands the tomatoes, 1 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 minced garlic cloves.
- Spread them on a baking sheet and add salt and pepper on top.
- Roast the tomatoes in your oven for 20 minutes, turning them around half way through.
- Now, let’s prepare the breadcrumbs preparation:
- In a small pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium low heat.
- Add the minced shallot and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the shallot becomes transparent, reduce the heat to low and add the breadcrumbs with one minced garlic clove to roast for 3 minutes, stirring all the time so it doesn’t burn.
- When the preparation is slightly brown, put it in a bowl and leave on the side while you’re preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Time to cook your pasta:
- Cook your spaghetti in boiling water following package instructions (mine said 12min).
- 1 minute before they are ready, add the fresh basil leaves (keep a few for decoration).
- Before you drain the pasta, keep some water in a bowl avoiding the basil leaves (1/4 of a cup should be enough).
- Let’s combine everything together in the pot you used to cook the pasta – Add:
- The spaghetti with the cooked basil leaves
- A sprinkle of olive oil
- The roasted tomatoes
- Toss and add some of the pasta water you kept in a bowl as needed
- Serve on each plate and add some of the garlic breadcrumbs preparation with some grated parmesan.
- BON APPÉTIT !