I love making savoury cakes in summer as it’s perfect with a side salad at home or at picnics. It’s equally good warm or cold and you can keep it in the fridge for a few days. I hope you’ll enjoy this French recipe as much as I do!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A mixing bowl
- A loaf tin
- An electric hand-held whisk (optional), otherwise a whisk
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 200gr flour
- 3 eggs
- 10cl milk
- 80ml olive oil
- 6gr baking powder (I used Alsa, 1/2 a pack)
- 150gr roquefort cheese
- 2 pears
- 80gr walnuts
- A bit of butter for the loaf tin
- Salt & pepper
Before you start:
- Roughly chop the walnuts
- Dice the pears (remove the skin and the hard part in the middle first)
Ready to go?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt & pepper,
- Add the eggs and mix again (this is where using an electric hand-held whisk becomes handy!).
- While mixing, add the milk and oil.
- Add to the mixture:
- 120gr Roquefort, crumbled
- The chopped walnuts
- The diced pears
- Mix delicately with a wooden spoon
- Put the mixture in a greased loaf tin and add on the rest of your crumbled Roquefort (30gr) on top and a few walnuts for decoration.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes (keep it 5 to 10min longer if the top is not brown enough).
- Serve the cake warm or cold with a nice mixed salad.
- BON APPÉTIT !