The Lemon Paprika Chicken with Parmesan Broccoli is very tasty, although a bit longer to prepare than my other recipes; that’s why it’s probably best to do this one during the weekend since it involves a marinade for the meat.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A vegetable peeler, grater or a knife for the lemon zest
- A small bowl to prepare the seasoning
- A food brush (optional)
- A freezer bag to marinade the chicken
- A pan with a lid to cook the chicken
- Some baking sheet for the broccoli
Ingredients for 2 persons:
For the Lemon Paprika Chicken:
- 2 to 4 bone-in chicken thighs depending on the size
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- A few thyme sprigs
- 120ml white wine (1/2 cup)
- Fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
For the Parmesan broccoli:
- 1 Broccoli (around 350gr)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch of salt
- Parmesan (30gr or 1/8 of a cup)
Before you Start:
- Mince the garlic
- Prepare the lemon zest (not sure how to? Check this page)
- Squeeze the lemon
- Chop the fresh parsley (not sure how to? Check this video)
Ready to go?
- Let’s prepare the chicken:
- Put the chicken on to a plate and pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil over.
- Prepare the marinade in a small bowl with: Salt and pepper to taste, paprika, thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove. Mix well and rub it over the chicken thighs with a food brush if you have one.
- Put the chicken in a freezer bag and leave in the fridge for 20min to 2 hours depending how much time you have.
- Once the chicken is ready:
- Over medium-high heat add a bit of olive oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken thighs and brown them both sides for 5min each.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove to cook for 1min stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the wine, the parsley, the chicken and bring to boil.
- Cover with a lid and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 20min, turning the chicken over half way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the broccoli:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, add: broccoli, a tablespoon of olive oil, the minced garlic and some salt. Toss together until it’s coated.
- Drizzle some olive oil on a baking sheet and then add the broccoli. Pour over the olive oil/garlic mix that will be left in the bowl.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a plate with the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with some parmesan.
- Pour the sauce over the meat.
- BON APPÉTIT !