One of my favorite recipes for lunch; the endives are not bitter at all thanks to the soy sauce and honey, and this meal is ready in less than 30 minutes!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- 2 pans
- 2 bowls for serving (optional)
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 8 scallops or more depending on the size (mine were really little so I used much more)
- 4 endives
- 2 shallots
- Half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Before you start:
- Cut the endives in half, remove the hard bit at the bottom, and slice them (1 cm wide)
- Finely chop the shallots
- Make lemon zest with half of the lemon (not sure how? Check this guide)
Ready to go?
- Let’s cook the endives:
- Over medium-high heat add a bit of olive oil in a pan. Then add the sliced endives and the shallots and cook for 7 minutes.
- Once it has softened, add the below and cook for another 7 minutes so the endives caramelized:
- a bit of water
- the lemon zest
- the soy sauce
- the honey
- While the endives caramelized, let’s cook the scallops:
- In another pan, melt some butter over high-heat and add the scallops once the pan is very hot.
- Cook them for a couple of minutes on each side till golden.
- Serve the scallops over the caramelized endives in a big bowl.
- BON APPÉTIT !