Feeling like treating yourself? Quick and easy to prepare, but sophisticated enough to serve when you have guests around, give the Dijon Chicken Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and Almonds a go!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pan
- A pot and a colander for the pasta
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 200gr Pasta (I used fresh Tagliatelle)
- 200gr fresh mushrooms (I used chestnut mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100ml white wine (I used Pinot Grigio that was left over in my fridge)
- 180gr creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- A handful flaked almonds
- Salt & pepper
Before you Start:
- Slice the chicken
- Slice the mushrooms
- Mince the garlic cloves
- In a pan on medium high heat, toast the almonds (usually it takes around 5min)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Ready to go?
- Over medium-high heat add a bit of olive oil in a pan. Cook the sliced mushrooms for 5-7 minutes then put them aside on a plate.
- In that same pan, now empty, add the sliced chicken and cook for a few minutes before adding the minced garlic (add a bit of olive oil if needed).
- Once the chicken is cooked and golden, place in a warm oven (but turned off).
- Add the white wine to the same pan, now empty.
- Simmer until reduced by half, then add the creme fraiche, the salt and pepper, and the mustard.
- Once the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, add the chicken and the mushrooms back and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- During that time, cook your fresh pasta in boiling water following instructions on the package (usually the cooking time is really short like 3 minutes).
- Serve the meat over the cooked pasta and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- BON APPÉTIT !