Almost lunch time and you’re looking for a healthy, quick and tasty meal? How about trying this brown rice bowl with avocado & fried egg? Brown rice is a healthier alternative to white rice as it’s higher in fiber and much more nutritional.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pot and a colander for the rice
- A pan to fry the eggs
- A bowl per person for serving
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 1 cup or 200gr rice (I used brown rice)
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Sauce of your taste for serving: tartare sauce or hot sauce are nice
Before you start:
- Cook the rice following instructions on package
- Slice the spring onions
- Slice the avocado
Ready to go?
- In each bowl, mix: the rice, spring onion and vinegar. Then add some salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, crack the eggs and cook until the whites are set (usually 1 to 2 minutes)
- Add an egg in each bowl, with the avocado + the sauce of your choice.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Feel free to customize it and add some more ingredients according to your taste: bacon, radish, greens, tuna, etc.