Looking for something special but easy to do? This Pork Roast with Apple & Cider Sauce is the recipe you should consider! The catch? It takes a bit of time to cook, but it’s well worth the wait… Make sure to choose a piece of pork with some fat so the meat stays moist as it roasts.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- An oven proof dish
- 2 pots for the sauce
- A pot and a colander for the pasta
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 700gr – 1kg pork joint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 60gr (~5 tablespoons) butter
- 50cl dry cider
- 30cl chicken stock
- 3 apples (I used golden)
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh Pasta (I used Tagliatelle)
Ready to go?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare the roast:
- Put it in an oven proof dish.
- Drizzle olive oil.
- Cut little pieces of butter and put them on top of the pork joint.
- Add salt and pepper, and the thyme on top as well.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to baste meat every 10 minutes.
- While the pork is in the oven, let’s prepare the sauce:
- Pour 50cl of cider in the pan on high heat and make it reduce half.
- Add the chicken stock to 30cl water in another pot on high heat and make it reduce half.
- Then add the chicken stock to the cider, add salt and pepper, and make it reduce half again.
- Once the pork has been in the oven for 30 minutes, pour the cider sauce, and add the apple chunks.
- Put the pork back to the oven for 40 minutes, basting the meat every 15 minutes.
- Once ready, remove the dish from the oven, set it aside and cover it with aluminum foil for 15 minutes.
- Then, the final steps:
- Keep the apples in some aluminum foil so they stay warm.
- Same with the meat.
- Pour the sauce in a pot and boil for 5 minutes, adding a bit of butter (2 tablespoons).
- Cook the fresh pasta following package instructions (usually 2-3 minutes).
- Slice the meat.
- Serve everything on a plate.
- BON APPÉTIT !