Perfect for a light lunch, this recipe is very easy to prepare, tastes wonderful and is healthy!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- 2 mixing bowls
- A food brush
- A pan to grill the salmon
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro (or parsley depending on what you have in the kitchen).
Before you Start:
- Finely chop the onion
- Squeeze the lime
- Chop the fresh herbs (not sure how to? Check this video)
Ready to go?
- Prepare the salmon
- Rub the salmon fillets with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix together: 1/4 of the chopped onion, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Rub the salmon fillets with the preparation.
- Put the salmon fillets in your fridge for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Prepare the avocado salsa:
- Peel, stone and chop the avocado. Put the avocado chunks in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the minced onion, the lime juice, the fresh herbs and salt.
- Toss and put in your fridge until it’s ready to use.
- Once your salmon stayed in the fridge long enough:
- Over medium-high heat add a bit of olive oil in a pan.
- Cook the salmon for 10 minutes: 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the salmon with the avocado salsa on top or on the side (it looks nicer on the side but tastes better on top of the salmon!)
- BON APPÉTIT !