You probably noticed that I love salmon… What I like with this particular recipe is that you only need one dish to bake the asparagus and the salmon (I’ve added rice on the side that day as I was very hungry). Also the flavors are really good… who knew healthy meals could be so tasty!!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- An oven proof dish
- 2 bowls
- A food brush (optional)
- A vegetable peeler, or a grater, or a knife for the lemon zest
- A pot & a colander for the rice
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 onion
- 250gr asparagus
- 25gr grated parmesan (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 small glass of basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Before you Start:
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Mince the onion very finely
- Make the lemon zest (not sure how to? Check this page)
Ready to go?
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Prepare the salmon:
- Place the salmon in the the oven dish.
- In a bowl, mix: 1 table spoon olive oil, the mustard, the lemon juice, the lemon zest, 1 minced garlic clove and the minced onion.
- Brush the preparation on the salmon fillets and add salt & pepper on top.
- Prepare the asparagus:
- In a big bowl, toss together: the asparagus, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, salt & pepper.
- Place them next to the salmon in the oven dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While it’s baking, prepare the rice: Add the rice in boiling water and follow package instructions (around 10-12 minutes).
- After baking your salmon & asparagus for 10 minutes, put the dish out of the oven to toss the asparagus and sprinkle them with parmesan.
- Put the dish back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- On a plate, put the salmon, rice and asparagus. You may add some salt and pepper on the rice.
- BON APPÉTIT !