Whoever says vegetarian meals are boring, convince them otherwise with this easy, super tasty recipe.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A mini chopper (I have that one).
- A pan
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 400 gr fresh gnocchi
- 250 gr fresh mushrooms
- 2 big handfuls salad arugula
- Fresh parsley
For the pesto:
- A big handful walnuts
- 25 gr grated parmesan (1/8 cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Half a lemon
- Salt & pepper
Before you Start:
- Slice the mushrooms
- Squeeze the lemon
Ready to go?
- Prepare the pesto:
- In the mini chopper, put all the ingredients needed (see ingredients > for the pesto section above)
- Taste, add more salt & pepper if needed
- Set aside
- Follow the cooking instruction on the Gnocchi package (I didn’t have to boil mine, but you may need to).
- Heat the butter and a spoon of olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes or more till they get brown.
- Then add the gnocchi and pour half of the pesto you have prepared just before. Stir regularly and keep cooking till the gnocchi are brown too.
- Add the parsley, stir again.
- Add the arugula no more than 1 minutes so it stays crisp.
- With the remaining pesto in the mini chopper, add a a bit of water and mix again.
- Serve the Gnocchi preparation in a plate and pour the pesto over.
- BON APPÉTIT !