What a better way to start the weekend than with banana pancakes?
What you need:
- A pan
- A large bowl
- A medium bowl
- A whisk
- A spatula
Ingredients for 2 persons / 8 pancakes:
For the pancakes:
- 230ml milk (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon or vinegar
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 190gr flour (1 1/4 cup)
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 handful chocolate chips
Before you start:
- Mash the banana
- Melt the butter
- Mix the milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon or vinegar and wait 10min
Ready to go?
- Make the batter:
- In a large bowl, add: the milk, mashed banana, egg, butter and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- In an other bowl, add: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Mix the content of the 2 bowls together and whisk to combine.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Make the pancakes:
- Melt some butter in a frying pan on high heat. When the pan is very hot, lower to medium heat and pour some batter into the pan.
- After a minute or two, the edges of the pancakes will start to dry and there will be little bubbles on top of the pancakes; it means it’s time to turn them around.
- Place the pancakes on a plate covered with aluminum foil to keep them warm.
- Repeat till there is no more batter.
- Put the pancakes on a plate and add the toppings: sliced banana & chocolate chips.
- BON APPÉTIT !