A classic french pie I love doing because it’s tasty and easy to do. Plus it doesn’t require too much sugar & butter which makes it even better!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pie plate (tart tin)
- A pot
- A potato masher if you have one or a fork will do (to make the compote)
Ingredients for 6 persons:
- Shortcrust pastry
- 6 to 8 apples depending on their size
- 30 gr butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 ml water
Before you Start:
- Peel 4 to 5 apples and remove the hard part in the middle. Cut them into chunks.
- Peel 2 to 3 apples and remove the hard part in the middle. Slice them finely.
Ready to go?
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- Make the apple compote:
- Melt 10 grams of butter in the pot on medium-high heat.
- Then add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the apple chunks and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and let it cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- When the apple chunks are soft either use a potato masher or a fork to make the compote.
- Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- Make the tart:
- Unroll the pastry sheet in the pie plate.
- Trim the edges and prick pastry with a fork.
- Fill the bottom with the apple compote.
- Add the apple slices on top.
- Add a bit of butter on top .
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of brown sugar so it caramelizes in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- BON APPÉTIT !