One of the first recipes I tried last year when I decided to learn how to cook, which is now a classic I make at least once a month! It’s ready in 15 min (preparation & cooking time!) and it’s special enough your guests will be impressed…
What you need:
- A pan with a lid
- A pot & a colander for the ravioli
- A knife and a chopping board
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 250 gr of fresh Ravioli (I used Spinach & Ricotta)
- 200 gr asparagus (about 15-20 spears)
- Half a lemon
- A handful of walnuts
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan
Before you Start:
- Remove the hard piece of the asparagus & cut them into pieces (cut in 2 to 4 depending on the size)
- Squeeze half of the lemon
- Roughly chop the walnuts
- Mince the parsley (not sure how to? Check this video)
- Grate the cheese if needed
Ready to go?
- Boil the water for the ravioli
- Melt some butter in the pan and add the chopped asparagus.
- Slightly coat asparagus with butter
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes with the lid on
- Add the fresh Ravioli to the boiling water and follow cooking instructions (usually the cooking time is really short like 3 minutes)
- When the asparagus are cooked, put them aside
- In the same pan, add the lemon juice with the remaining browned butter. Bring to boil and stir for 30 seconds.
- Then add the ravioli to the mix in the pan and coat them
- Add walnuts, black pepper, parsley and the parmesan cheese
- Mix gently, and… BON APPÉTIT !
There is a lot of Ravioli with Sautéed Asparagus & Walnuts recipes on the Internet. This one is largely inspired by Green Valley Kitchen as I find the lemon juice adds a nice twist to it, but there is also this one on Women’s Day Magazine which is also nice with garlic.