I made that recipe for the first time last weekend and it was so good, I wished I had cooked more! Very easy to do, I’m sure you’ll love it too! Just make sure to plan enough time for the marinade which needs at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A pan
- An oven proof dish for the green beans & mushrooms
- A freezer bag to marinate the chicken
- Ideally a wooden spoon (to not damage your pan)
Ingredients for 2 persons:
For the Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- Balsamic vinegar: 30ml (1/8 cup) for the marinade and 2 tablespoons for the sauce later
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons honey
- A bit of olive oil and butter
- Salt & Pepper
For the Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms:
- 250gr green beans
- 9-10 mid sized mushrooms (200gr)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
Before you Start:
- Prepare the Chicken/Balsamic Vinegar marinade:
- Slice the chicken
- Place the strips in a freezer bag with the vinegar, the minced garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a bit of salt & pepper.
- Mix properly in the bag and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or more.
- Peel and cut the mushrooms
Ready to go?
- 10 minutes before your marinade is ready, prepare the vegetables so everything gets ready at the same time (the cooking time for the vegetables is longer than the chicken).
- Toss all the ingredients for the Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms in a oven proof dish (see above) and gently mix them together.
- Cook for 25 minutes on 180 degrees.
- When the chicken marinade is ready:
- Add a bit of olive oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Then add the chicken strips and cook for 3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Then put it on the side.
- In the same pan:
- Over medium heat add the butter and a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the pan.
- With a wooden spoon, remove the sticky bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the honey, turn the heat up and let it simmer. After about 5 minutes the sauce should thicken.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back in the pan, mix gently to coat the meat.
- Serve the chicken immediately (it will get cold quickly) with the vegetables which should also be ready by now.
- BON APPÉTIT !
Similar recipes from the Beginner’s Cookbook you may like:
- Dijon Chicken Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and Almonds
- Lemon Paprika Chicken with Parmesan Broccoli
- Pasta, Chicken with Cider & Rosemary Sauce