I discovered one pot veggie-pasta this year and fell in love with it straightaway: it’s easy to prepare and there is enough vegetables to don’t feel guilty about the spoon of creme fraiche and parmesan!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A big pot
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 250 gr pasta (I used orrechiette)
- 200 gr mushrooms
- 100 gr asparagus
- 150 gr green peas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 leek
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 tablespoon creme fraiche (heavy cream)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 50 gr grated parmesan cheese
- A bit of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Before you Start:
- Peel and finely slice the garlic cloves
- Slice the mushrooms
- Cut the asparagus into 4 even pieces
- Remove the dark green top of the leek, slice half lengthwise but leave the root uncut. Cut the leek in 2-3 cms pieces. Bin the root part.
- Prepare your vegetable stock mixing the stock cube with 950ml water on low heat
- Squeeze the lemon
Ready to go?
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in the pot.
- Add the mushrooms for 10 minutes till browned
- Add the asparagus, leek, green peas, garlic, salt and pepper on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Put the vegetable mix in a bowl and leave on the side for now.
- Put the stock in the now empty pot and add the pasta, the creme fraiche, the lemon juice and stir. Cook on high simmer for 10 minutes until your pasta is nearly ready.
- Just before the end, add back the vegetable mix for 2 minutes
- Add the parmesan, some salt and pepper.
- BON APPÉTIT !
There is a lot of vegetable pasta recipes on the Internet. This one is largely inspired by Flavor the Moment but there are also others with similar ingredients which look delicious as well like on Oh my veggies which also has Broccoli on top of asparagus and mushrooms, or Myfitnesspal which is using Feta cheese on top of asparagus and green peas.