So healthy and easy to do + in one pot so not much washing up afterwards! Make sure to start cooking early as it needs 45 minutes on the hob to get ready. I like it so much, I now cook this at least once a month – if not twice; and it’s also easy to re-heat so feel free to cook a bit more than what you need and eat the rest later in the week.
What you need:
- A pan
- A knife & chopping board (a peeler can save you time for the carrots too)
- A measuring glass
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 3 big carrots
- 1 red onion
- 250 grams lentils
- 6 to 8 sausages
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons olive oil & a bit of butter
- Salt & Pepper
Before you Start:
- Peel and slice the onion
- Peel and slice the carrots
- Roughly cut the chicken stock cube
Ready to go?
- Melt a bit of butter and the olive oil in the pan and add the sliced onion on medium-high heat.
- Once the onion is transparent after 2 minutes, add the sliced carrots and let them cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Then add the lentils, cover with cold water. Add some salt & pepper and the chicken stock cube and bring to the boil. Then reduce to medium heat and simmer gently for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add the sausages and simmer gently until the lentils are cooked and tender (usually 20 minutes). During that time, I stir from time to time and may add a bit of water.
- BON APPÉTIT !