10 min preparation for this delicious meal. The flavours are surprisingly subtle!
What you need:
- A knife and a chopping board
- A dutch oven (or cast iron cocotte, or a high-sided frying pan with a lid)
- A pot & a colander for pasta
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and a bit of butter
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, with skin)
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 35 cl dry cider
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- 1 apple (I used Golden)
- Salt & Pepper
- 250 grams pasta (I used Fresh Tagliatelle nests)
Before you Start:
- Peel and mince the onion
Ready to go?
- Heat the olive oil and a bit of butter in the dutch oven and golden the chicken skin-side on high heat. Turn them around and do the same on the other side.
- Put the chicken aside in a plate and if there is a lot of fat left in the dutch oven, remove some of it before cooking the onion for a few minutes on medium heat, stirring from time to time so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir until it disappears.
- Add the chicken tights back and pour the cider.
- Add the rosemary, the mustard, salt and pepper. Mix slightly.
- Let it cook for 35 minutes with the lid on, on medium-low heat.
- 15 minutes before the end, add the sliced apple.
- 10 minutes before the end, cook the pasta following instructions on the package (less if you’re using fresh pasta).
- BON APPÉTIT !